This week we will be learning all about apples, their characteristics, and life cycle. We will also discuss the letter E and the sound it makes. We will do apple tasting, make applesauce, do some apple size and color sorting, and the different kinds of apples. We will begin learning about the color orange, squares, and counting the numbers 1 and 2.
Focus Skills for This Week:
· sorting apples by size/color
· writing the letter E and learning the sound it makes
· using tongs and large spoons (gross/fine motor) to “bob” for apples
· making/tasting homemade applesauce (5 senses/sense of taste)
· counting/ordering apples
· basic apple color patterning
· cutting/tearing/painting (fine motor) paper apples
· painting with q-tips (fine motor)
· weighing apples
· discovering if apples float or sink
BIBLE VERSE FOR THE MONTH:
God saw everything that He had made. And it was very good. —Genesis 1:31
UP-COMING DATES/THINGS TO KNOW:
*Picture orders are due Monday (September 30)!!!
*Fire Station field trip October 11th. Please return permission slip in child’s folder.